THE SPIRITUAL MANS WALK
There certainly must be a certain way born-again Christians live their lives.
We have made it through 11.5 months of this year, well done you are still going you may have slipped but you still here.
(One reason for doing the right thing today is tomorrow)
What you reaping in your life today; is what you sowed yesterday!!!
Pastor George Lehman
Romans 7:21-25 (NIV) – 21So I find this law a work: Although I want to do good, *evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
Note verse 25 – is the Choice of MYSELF
*We are taken out of sin but sin remains where it always was.
- You must understand by the time Paul made these statements he had, had much spiritual experience
- It was pure wisdom that was speaking here. (This was not written from defeat)
- This was intended to encourage the Church
- To change and to grow into a Spiritual man with a genuine Spiritual Walk
Not as so many Christians think
- It was not intended to be an excuse to
- 1) Give into sin
- 2) To nurture bad habits
- 3) To justify (regverdig) half hearted Christian living and
- 4) Spiritual slackness or Spiritual failure
- 5) Not an excuse to walk in the flesh (We must not look for excuses not
too, but rather use the same effort to be all God intends for you to be!!!
Straight away Paul writes this: after writing chapter 7 which flows into chapter 8
Romans 8:1-4 (NIV) – Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
(Note verse 14) – For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
- Paul addressed the various churches on their fleshly walk
- Galatians 3:1-3 (NIV) – You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?
- You cannot be a Spiritual man and walk, live, talk, act it out in the flesh
- It’s God’s desire for us is to live like Spiritual people
- Real Christians – 1 John 5:3-5 (LB) – 3Loving God means doing what he tells us to do, and really that isn’t hard at all; 4for every child of God can obey him, defeating sin and evil pleasure by trusting Christ to help him. 5But who could possibly fight and win this battle except by believing that Jesus is truly the Son of God?
- God will never bring you to a place which is not achievable or that is impossible for us to live out and fulfill
- God is saying it is possible for you to walk in the Spirit – victoriously
- The Holy Spirit is an active person and fully involved in the Church of Jesus Christ
- So, we can live walk, talk, and act like spiritual people
- Explain – It is like constructing a building
- God the Father is the Architect or Engineer – He knows what He wants – and plans the project
- He knows what the end result should turn out to be
Jeremiah 18:1-4 (NIV) – This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2”Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
- The Son Jesus is the Foreman or Construction Manager who gets the Job Done
- And the Holy Spirit is the Workman, who actually does the work
- 1) Prepares the ground (heart)
- 2) Then builds the house (salvation)
- 3) He keeps maintaining and repairing the building (Growth &
- And the Holy Spirit is the Workman, who actually does the work
- Philippians 1:6 (NIV) – Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- Everything about our Spiritual Walk, has at the center the ever-present Holy Spirit
- Think about this
- We are born again by the Spirit
- John 3:6(LB) – “Men can only produce human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from Heaven.”
- We are instructed to Walk by the Holy Spirit and live by the Holy Spirit
- Galatians 5:25 – “If we live by the Holy Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.”
- The fruit He produces are wonderful
- Galatians 5:22-24 – 9 precious fruit – What does your fruit tree look like?
- The Holy Spirit will quicken our physical, perishing bodies
- Romans 8:11 (NKJ) – “But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwells in you.”
- The word quicken (aanvuur) means – it’s when there’s movement of a child that can be felt in pregnancy
- Luke 1:41 (NIV) – When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
- How are we filled with God’s love?
- Romans 5:5 (NIV) – “For God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (We have a full measure of God’s LOVE!)
- It is very obvious that the measure of anointing of the Holy Spirit in our lives will directly impact the success of all we do
- 1 John 2:27 (NIV) – As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit-just as it has taught you, remain in him.
- The anointing can take your life, your Ministry, or any service out of the natural and into the supernatural realm.
- Acts 10:38 – “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with strength and ability and power, how He went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
- The degree to which you are going to allow the Holy Spirit to possess you – to that same degree your life will be (effective) making an impact for God
- You will be a Spiritual Man walking in the Spirit
- There is a warning to us today
- 1 Thessalonians 5:19 – “Do not quench (extinguish the fire or light / suppress or subdue [still]) the Holy Spirit.”
- Ephesians 4:30 – “And do not grieve (deep intense sorrow) the Holy Spirit of God (do not offend or vex (vererg) or sadden Him, by whom you were sealed (marked, branded) as God’s own; secured for the day of redemption.”
- Romans 7:25 – “O’ thank God! (He will!) through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself, with the MIND (soul) and heart (spirit) serve the Law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin.”
- Who are you feeding the most -
- Spiritual Man or Flesh Man?
- Tonight you are the result of the one you feed the most
- Everything else you claim to be is just talk.
- o O o -