ARE YOU A MOMENTUM MAKER or a MOMENTUM BREAKER?
(The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender)
By Pastor George Lehman
2 Chronicles 15:7 - “But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded”.
It’s clearly on God’s heart for you and I to be a Momentum Maker: -
- You are designed that way.
It is clearly on the devil’s heart for you to be a Momentum Breaker.
Explain – Momentum: Impetus (driving force) gained by movement (Afrikaans – dryfkrag).
- Momentum Maker – Is like a super charged turbo engine Hayabusa down the Quarter mile.
- Momentum Breaker – is like an anchor.
Being a: -
- Momentum Maker takes you places.
- Momentum Breaker takes you nowhere.
My single definition of a Momentum Maker is: -
- To successfully and purposefully advance God’s Kingdom on earth.
- Matthew 6:10 - “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.”
Nobody said it was going to be easy. Motion causes friction (wrywing).
When we move in God direction - resistance will come –
- From satan himself
- From within our flesh and this world
These kinds of people are Momentum Breakers.
They are double minded –
- Today I’m on fire for Jesus, my life makes sense.
- Tomorrow I am not even sure I’m a Christian.
- There is no guard over their mouth or their heart.
- The walk by feelings and not by faith
Momentum Breakers – do things in a halfhearted way – no real accountability.
They never challenge their lives to press in, eventually –
- They loose heart
- They give up
- Their vision dies
- They loose purpose
- They become negative, (Proverbs 18:21- “Life and death are in the power of the tongue.”)
Sadly, some are no longer among us.
On the other hand, A Momentum Maker – is focused – has a clear vision.
Vision means – Without a vision my people perish. - Proverbs 29:18
- Revelation from God,
- God’s direction,
- God’s guidance.
Vision is the picture of what God wants you to be and to become and achieve – and that ultimately becomes the purpose for being His child.
Not like Charlie Brown – comic strip –
- He shoots an arrow at the wooden fence, where the arrow hopefully sticks; he draws a bull’s eye ring around it.
If there is no real focus to your vision and no goal, I guarantee you – you will become a Momentum Breaker.
As a Momentum Maker you draw the target, i.e. Set the Vision and your Goal
- You keep raising your standards.
- You work at changing what needs changing.
- You don’t accept average living.
- Giving up is not an option.
- You press in even if times are difficult.
- You maintain the things that keep you growing.
By the way, a Momentum Maker gives momentum to others.
The moment you say, “Yes, I’m drawing my target – I’m going for it”, your life begins to encourage others.
We are bound to get at least five (5) responses (reaksies) to our Vision and Goal and Momentum.
- In any group there are REFRESHERS (verkwik).
Philemon 1:7 - “For I have derived great joy and comfort and encouragement from your love because the hearts of the saints (who are your fellow Christians) have been cheered and refreshed through you (my) brother.”
- These are people that will inspire and encourage you –
- REFINERS (verfyn).
- They take your passion, your enthusiasm, your vision – they sharpen it and clarify,
- They take your dedication and make it even
Hebrews 3:13 - “But encourage one another daily, as long as it’s called today, so that no one of you may be hardened, by sins deceitfulness.”
Colossians 1:4-9 – “4Because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints – 5the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel 6that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God’s grace in all its truth. 7You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, 8and who also told us your love in the Spirit. 9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- These kinds of people don’t oppose you – they just reflect what you are doing is cool.
- Mirror kind of people.
- What you put in, they give back.
- There is Unity here – like-minded people.
Revelation 3:15 - “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!”
- It’s these people who reduce your vision, your enthusiasm,
your effectiveness to their comfort zone.
- It must not begin to cost me.
- Their goal is to make it a lot smaller – so it will fit into their comfort zone.
No great accomplishments are ever great in a comfort zone.
Momentum stretches us to grow.
We have Refreshers, Refiners, Reflectors, Reducers and now we have –
- REJECTERS – real Momentum Breakers.
Galatians 5:15 - “But if you bite and devour (the devil nature) one another, be careful that you (and your whole fellowship) are not consumed by one another.”
- These kinds of people never seem to get going – always moving – going nowhere (rocking chair kind).
- They never buy into your vision, in fact, they drain the dream, and they just suck out every good idea.
- They always know better, but never show better. It always amazes me how they know so well how it should be – but never live it out themselves.
- People who want to do it on their own and not submit to the team.
Triple C people =
The question is – what do you need to do to ensure: -
- You are a Momentum Maker and not
- A Momentum Breaker.
If you are not doing today, something that will ensure you add value to –
- God’s Kingdom
- Your family, your church the Ministry, your work.
You are only dreaming and wishful thinking.
Do today what you want to be tomorrow –
Are you a?
Which of these explain your life?
Habakkuk 3:19 (Amp) – The Lord God is my strength [my source of courage, my invincible army]; He has made my feet [steady and sure] like hinds’ feet and makes me walk [forward with spiritual confidence] on my high places [of challenge and responsibility].
Decide each day – as it starts: -
“Today Lord, I’m going to be a Momentum Maker”.